Sunday, August 25, 2013

Nerds and Videos

Just got back from a Star Trek convention in Seattle. (I know, I know.) It was pretty fantastic. I mean, I met LeVar Burton, who had the entire audience sing the Reading Rainbow theme song along with him. How cool is that?!

Apparently there was also a fan-made music video contest before the con, so we got to see some of the "best" ones throughout the weekend. These made me think about our future venture into video editing in this class. If I learned anything, it's that video editing is a lot like playing the violin, in that when it's done skillfully, it's amazing, but when it's done badly, it's really not pleasant to watch or listen to. I'm not gonna lie, that made me even more nervous about any videos I might produce, but hey, you've got to churn out a few clunkers at first, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment